Tuesday 18 September 2012

Mayhem of Music A to Z: "C"

Hey, It's me, Womble, back for another Music blog, writing while tucking into a nice full bowl of Weetabix Mini-Bites, their extremely tasty, nom nom nom. So, We've done A and B so today rather unspectacular it is C. I've had a couple of complaints, saying I'm wrong from my friends, but these are just my personal selection of music, I like everyone I mentioned (apart from the people I joked about). However if you do wish to leave your comments, positive, negative or more importantly you opinions, the by all means post a comment. Anyway, let's get on with it.


C is For...


Solo Artist

There is only one real artist that I can give the Award for C to is someone that isn't typically in my kind of music. He has done a lot of compilations, but also a few completely solo songs. He is immensely popular, and has attracted some of the biggest names in Music to be his "featuring..." Adam Wiles is his real name but you probably know him much better as...

Calvin Harris
Calvin Harris is surprisingly one of my favourite artists. I'm not usually into "Electro-Pop/Club" music, so for him to be one of my favourites might be a surprise to some people. He has made two albums with a third on the way. His first, "I created Disco", was a gold selling début album and had 2 top ten singles in it aswell. His second album "Ready For the Weekend" had number ones in it aswell. One of his most famous older tracks is "Dance Wiv Me" which he produced and featured on for Dizzee Rascal, the grime/garage rapper from London. This was number one for a number of weeks and was one of the most famous of 2008. This year he had a hit which was the biggest number one here in the UK and the best selling number one in America aswell. "We Found Love" with Rihanna on vocals hit number ones all round the world and was probably the biggest track of the year so far. I thought it was brilliant aswell, and of course followed the crowd and bought it aswell. Sorry Guys, I'm too mainstream.


Bands/Groups


Another fine set of artists on selection for the Bands of the letter C. I would go for The Caesars, but I only know one of their songs, "Jerk It Out" which despite being one of my favourite songs EVER, is not a good enough reason for them to be the best band beginning with C. To be honest I have chosen a band that more than live up to this, because they are a World rebound band yet again. Massive here and in the USA, they are just purely brilliant. With a very unique style to their music.

Coldplay
As I said Coldplay have probably the most unique style of any band. Personally I couldn't group them in a genre, they claim to be Alternative Rock and Post-Brit Pop, but I cant see them in either group. We'll just leave it at Awesome. Anyway, I have a couple of favourite songs from Coldplay. Their main classics "Yellow, Fix You and Viva la Vida" but also from their most recent album. Mylo Xyloto has 9 full tracks and 2 intro tracks. I love about 7 songs from it, fantastic Album and might feature in blog "M" or "X" if I can't think of anything. My absolute favourites are "Up In Flames, Charlie Brown and Every Tear-drop is a Waterfall" I did love "Paradise" but it did get annoying and overplayed. Which is a shame really. But overall an absolutely fantastic band. Great Live and Chris Martin is actually a really nice guy and funny aswell. Well that's what he seems from TV and the Radio.

Tracks


5. Crying Shame - Jack Johnson 

4. Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen

3. Charlie Brown - Coldplay

2. Call it What You Want - Foster the People (I adore FTP!)

1. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol

Chasing cars, is just... Stunning, Such a perfect track. Love it. Enough said.

Cheesy Track Of the Blog
Cha Cha Slide - DJ Caspar   Love it and I once won a dance competition doing that dance. I am just to good at dancing. I won a £15 gift voucher to JJB Sports. I'm amazing at dancing.. I've even got the Afro to prove it.

Erm yeah... Sorry about this picture. It just makes me laugh. Laughing at your own face is always good....


Album

The album was prove rather difficult this week as the ones I have are crap. My best one is Crazy love, by Michael Buble, which is Okay, but not good enough. So I had to go searching. I found this gem, which I had listened to a few weeks ago, loved it and forgotten to buy it.

The Vaccines - Come of Age (Deluxe Version)
This version of their most recent album is the best, because it is an extra 17 tracks, which is all live versions from Brighton in 2012, including a fantastic rendition of their track "Wreckin' Bar (Ra Ra Ra)" which is one of my favourite tracks, and not just because it features on FIFA 12, cause I heard it before, but still. Teenage Icon is a fantastic track. It has nothing to do with the fact that it says 'Preserved and shy, your average guy,
No piercing stare, just out of shape with messy hair' which describes me perfectly. It genuinely is a fantastic song, and really gets my foot tapping and head bobbing. Another of my favourite songs from this Album is "Misbehaviour" which apparently isn't their most popular track at all, but I like the guitar a lot in this track, pure brilliant. I think the reason why I like the Vaccines so much is because of Justin young, his vocals are brilliant. I really like the fact that his English accent is so prominent in his music. I always think that that is a really cool feature, and some of my favourite music has this feature. Including some of my friends from school who have this style. Its really beautiful.

No.TitleWriter(s)Length
1."No Hope"  4:10
2."I Always Knew"  3:34
3."Teenage Icon"  3:05
4."All in Vain"  3:52
5."Ghost Town"  2:21
6."Aftershave Ocean"  4:10
7."Weirdo"  4:49
8."Bad Mood"  3:06
9."Change of Heart Pt.2"  2:18
10."I Wish I Was a Girl"  2:53
11."Lonely World"  5:02
From Wikipedia.

Truely brilliant album, easily more interesting to me than Abbey Road, from the 'A' blog, which is a great album, but I probably wouldn't listen to all the tracks. Whereas I have lots of tracks to chose from on this Album and most of them are great. Definitely have a listen, and to be honest you may aswell buy it, worth it for the number of quality tracks. 
Side note: The Vaccines did a great cover on radio one the other day of "We are Never Ever Ever getting back together" by Taylor swift. So much better than the original.



Anyway thanks for reading it through once again, I hope there weren't too many errors. Post any comments below and I hope you enjoyed it, "D" will be out shortly. 23 to go. 



Links and Things
Just a quick nod in the direction of the other stuff Obsidian Corp is doing

Twitter: @theObsidianCorp
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/TheObsidianCorp
Email Me aswell: PompeyJames@hotmail.co.uk ('re:Blog' so I know how you got my email)
And of course check out our other Blogs, by clicking on The Obsidian Corp at the side!

Thank you from everyone at the Obsidian Corp

James "Womble" Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment