Sunday 16 September 2012

Mayhem of Music A to Z: "B"

Another Music blog today and after yesterday being "A" guess what today is. Nope, Wrong, today It's going to be "B". That's a surprise isn't it?... Anyway, right yes. On with the show.

B is For....


Artist


Now choosing this week's Solo artist for 'B' was actually harder than last week, because there was a choice to make.

Do I chose the older artists? or the more modern ones?

The older genres have a lot to offer for this letter. The Jazz legend BB King, Broadway Star Barbra Streisand, the face of 'Glam Rock' David Bowie, R&B Singer Billy Ocean. Even the two most well known classical artists, Bach and Beethoven. The list goes on and on.

But the same can be said for the modern genre aswell. Mainly on the female side of the genre with Beyoncé, Brittney and Bieber.... Just kidding Justin Bieber would never be on the list of the best music A-Z, She is awful. Let's not rule out the male section aswell, there's a couple of good solo artists that are guys aswell, such as B.O.B, Gary Barlow or Bruno Mars.

To be honest I found it so hard I decided to combine the two, and chose a modern artist that performed like one of the greats.

Solo Artist - Michael Buble


Michael Bublé performs mainly Big Band, Swing and Jazz. Sometimes touching on Pop music which he makes his own. "The Bube" has been performing on a international level for the majority of the naughties, releasing his début album in 2003, which hit number one in Australia and in the top 10 in Canada, GB and the USA. He also captures the hearts of many women across the world, maybe I'm envious of all of the 60 year old women that chase after him, but I definitely admire him. My personal favourites of his songs are "Sway" (I might know all the words.... erm...yeah) and "I just haven't met you yet!" because it's upbeat and easy listening, like most of MB's music. Let's be honest, why wouldn't he be an inspiration to me, he's a great singer, and manages to make a little bit of chubbiness look sexy. 

Band/Group


The band section is just as full, My choice was slightly easier though, considering they are one of the biggest bands of all time. However it wasn't like they didn't have competition. Bon Jovi, Bink-182, The Black Eyed Peas, Bananarama, the Beach Boys, Busted, The Bee Gees, Boyzone or Biffy Clyro. Of which I love all of them... apart from Boyzone... Sorry Ronan Keeting. Also I apologise to the incredible amount of Busted fans. As they didn't win... But I do confess my love for "Air Hostess" and Thunderbirds. So I'm not all bad.
I would say Biffy are the one's in second place, "Many of Horror" is one of my all time favourite songs and they are one of my favourite bands but they just don't beat the band I have chosen. 

The Beatles

The Beatles are from Liverpool, and consisted of John Lennon, Ringo Starr, Paul McCartney and the other one... just kidding, and George Harrison. Apart from creating some of the best music of all time, they are alos 4 famous individuals. Ringo Starr was the voice of my childhood, doing the narrative to "Thomas the Tank Engine" which was always my favourite show as a child. Back to the music though, "I wanna hold you Hand", my favourite Beatles song, was written by Lennon and McCartney and was recorded in 1963. Another song that I like from the Beatles, is "Hello, Goodbye" this was released in 1967.
In total the Beatles have released over 250 tracks, including 17 number ones in the UK, and 20 in the USA with total combined sales of between 600million and 1 Billion sales. Truly incredible statistics....well...they are the most successful band of all time. So who doesn't love them?!


Best 'B' Tracks

Next up it's my top 5 favourite tracks beginning with B. Once again, I'm going to race through them again, so keep up.

5. By Your Hand - Los Campesinos

4. Billionaire - Travie McCoy and Bruno Mars

3. Be Safe - The Cribs

2. Beautiful Day - U2

1. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

Let's be honest, its one of the greatest songs of all times. It need no explanation to why I picked it in first place.

Cheesy Track of the Blog
Bom Bom - Sam and the Womp
Just such a hilarious song. Its so Euro-crazy, and claims she can drink 16 pints of Rum, and then still go Bom Bom... I hate to break it to you Sam... but you would be dead. Gutted.


Album

Brand New Eyes - Paramore
Finally this week it's the best Album. I couldn't think of many, but when I looked on my iPod and saw "Brand New Eyes" I knew it was the right decision. Paramore do the amazing thing of combining stunningly beautiful tracks, with Alternative rock tracks. My 3 favourite tracks from this album are "Turn it off" which has a great melody and is a 'foot-tapper'. Also "Misguided Ghosts" and "The Only Exception" as they are stunningly beautiful songs. Definitely in my top few beautiful tacks of all time.




Standard Edition
No.TitleLength
1."Careful"  3:50
2."Ignorance"  3:39
3."Playing God" 3:03
4."Brick by Boring Brick"  4:14
5."Turn It Off"  4:20
6."The Only Exception"  4:28
7."Feeling Sorry" 3:05
8."Looking Up"  3:29
9."Where the Lines Overlap"  3:19
10."Misguided Ghosts" 3:02
11."All I Wanted" 3:49
(from Wikipedia)


Well anyway that's B blog, took me a surprisingly long time, don't know why. I probably shouldn't blog whilst watching Red Dwarf and Listening to my music. 

If you enjoyed my blog then check out Tom's Blog: http://tomsbloggyblogblog.blogspot.co.uk/ He talks alot about the radio and recent goings on in our village. So have a read.


Anyway, Thanks for reading this rather long blog about the music side of the letter B. I hope you enjoyed and stay tuned for the remaining 24 Posts.


Links and Things
Just a quick nod in the direction of the other stuff Obsidian Corp is doing

Twitter: @theObsidianCorp
And of course check out our other Blogs, by clicking on The Obsidian Corp at the side!

Thank you from everyone at the Obsidian Corp

James "Womble" Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment